Sunday, June 17, 2012

Healthy-ish food?

I have been on a bit of a health kick lately - mostly trying not to have too much bread in my diet, exercising, cutting back on pop/soda and junk food, etc…And I have found a lot of great recipes on the internet (Ahem..Pinterest..Ahem…)  Today I made some Oatmeal muffins for my breakfasts for the next week and a lovely side dish made of tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini and squash to go with my chicken.  I thought I would share the yummy albeit healthy meals!  And these are 'heathly' to my standards : )

Oatmeal Muffins
Instead of making oatmeal for breakfast every morning I can now just have an already made yummy oatmeal muffin!  I made three different kinds (the batter makes A LOT) chocolate chip, apple and butterscotch.  The other variations I used were that I used honey and almond milk, added some peanut butter and I let them cook for 35 minutes.



Summer Vegetable Tian

What does one eat with plain chicken?  Lately green beens would have been my answer, but now this lovely summer vegetable tian will be!  It was quick and easy to make, and very filling!  I made one change - I didn't have Thyme (and didn't want to spend $5 on a jar of it) so I put Rosemary and Sage on it.




I really liked these two recipes and love that food can be good for you and taste good!  It is hard trying to eat well and it is easy to run out of ideas to what to cook instead of going out for fast food, but I hope you decide to make a healthy dish next time instead of going to McDonald's!

No comments:

Post a Comment