Saturday, May 19, 2012

I did it!!!

OK so I have not been on here that much lately - working 2 jobs, volunteering and training has takes up a lot of time!!  So I apologize.

I ran the Ogden 1/2 marathon today!!!!!  It was a ton of work and I can't say it was easy - but was it worth it?  Absolutely!  The path we took for the 13.1 miles ran down the length of Pine View reservoir, through the Ogden canyon, down by the Riverpark trail and then to historic 25th St.  The prettiest scenery the run could have had!

My time for the 1/2 marathon was 2 hours and 16 min!  I was trying to run it in under 2 1/2 hours and I did! I believe I was in the top half for females in my age group.

The GOAL foundation did such a great job with the event!  As a runner I could not have asked for anything more.  So thank you GOAL foundation for putting on great even that I enjoyed thoroughly! The atmosphere of all the volunteers, spectators and runners was such a positive one, that even when I was on mile 12 I could not help but smile.


If you are in the Ogden area or you run I would definitely recommend this race!  And if you are not a runner than you should see about volunteering for the event!

I would like to thank everyone for the kind words and encouragement I have received during my training!  Especially I would like to thank Emy, Megan, Amanda and Carly - Thank you for all that you did!

AND I would love to thank the wonderful person/people that decorated my apartment door!  Words can't express the love I felt when I saw it when I got home : )  It meant a lot to me that someone took time and thought of this and did it!  So THANK YOU to whoever did it - I appreciated it with my whole heart.


1 comment:

  1. Aahh.. Love it.. You did such an amazing job.. Way to go..

    ReplyDelete