Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkins!!!

I love to carve pumpkins!  For the last two years I have received pumpkins from my good friends the Foo's (Thanks!!)  They are the sweetest people ever that they even give me a pumpkin for Rue to 'carve'!  We have had such nice weather here this past week that I thought it would be a great idea to carve the pumpkins out on the deck - and plus Rue likes to sit on the deck with me.

Rue thought that he should check out what was in that pumpkin...looked a lil suspicious.... 


Our pumpkins turned out great!!! 


Carving pumpkins kind of wore Rue out...this is how I found him when I was done cleaning up our pumpkin mess!


For the first time I attempted to make pumpkin seeds and I learned a valuable lesson: Wax paper is NOT the same as Parchment paper...don't ask...

The seeds turned out pretty good and I brought some to work for people to eat and everyone loved them!  Here is the recipe:

2 egg white
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds (cleaned off)

Preheat oven to 375˚F.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper.  In a bowl, whisk together everything but the pumpkin seeds.  When mixed add the seeds and toss to coat.  Spread seeds in a single layer across the baking sheet and back for ~15 min.  Stir them up a bit and put back in the oven for 5 more min until they are golden in color.  And enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment